I spent my 20's pursuing a career that I still care quite a bit about.
The trade-off? I have a great resume, not a lot of savings or personal possessions but nor do I feel trapped by a lifestyle obsession.
I'm genuinely happy with good food I can make myself, the occasional eat out, and I still dress well according to most everyone who knows me.
I'm in excellent shape, look younger than my age, and despite my penchant for reckless ways and benders, I look and feel younger than many of those finishing college.
I've slept with the girls I wanted to, dated a number of exceptional women, still genuinely adore women and their capricious, fickle, infuriating ways.
I'm am unburdened by children, have learned what a trap marriage can be and the red flags of a woman of real toxic emotional state.
I've dealt with the wrong side of the law, battled addiction, learned to go without, and been humbled by near poverty and the prospects of having lost almost everything I've worked to gain (no, I do not *&^%ing mean possessions).
But from it I walk the earth thankful most days, wiser than the hivemind and not mentally enslaved by the regularly scheduled programming. I have elected to take time away from my career/field and can afford to do so without much discomfort. For what is life but the freedom to follow your volition much of the time? Why did my ancestors die in the muck and mire, in the wars, underfoot of the British and civil war and poverty and coal mines and shanty towns if not to have a son in the far future tread the world as he see fit?
Feast or famine always loom on the horizon as they should. You are not ultimately in control. Fortune and fate and chance and luck exists as instigators of growth. Growth is uncomfortable. Change is pain.
In the moments when virtually everyone turned their back on me, it's always the person you least suspect that will lend a helping hand. I promise you this one truth.
Why It’s Easier To FIRE At 35 Than At 50
2 days ago
Linked here: http://bobagard.blogspot.com/2015/05/who-has-lent-you-helping-hand.html
ReplyDelete