Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Fr33d0m


This is a super simplified version of it, but I agree with most of the points.

And in particular, "There is absolutely no reason to do things you hate. None."

I'm pretty high. It's awesome. Normally this late, the sounds of the bugs outside in the night bother me. But being high, somehow, it's kinda of cool.

I'm eating some cheesecake. Probably going to get more high here in a minute.
Life is short. When I'm little and old, if I live that long, I won't look back and wished I worked more hours or had more shoes in my closet. I will hope that I spent my time pursuing things that taught me perspective, confidence, humility, and appreciation for my fellow humans.

At no point do I regret the sacrifices I've made in pursuit of my hobbies. I have only a few things left which I intend to pursue before my time here on earth is up. ....but I will pursue them day in and day out for decades to come.
I do regret some of the collateral damage as a result of my personal foibles and vices.

And I'd be remiss to not admit, if only occasionally, I wonder, of my ex's, how do they remember me (other than with anger)?

And for a precious few, how things might have been if we'd met after much of my drinking ceased?



3 comments:

  1. Life is short. When I'm little and old, if I live that long, I won't look back and wished I worked more hours or had more shoes in my closet. I will hope that I spent my time pursuing things that taught me perspective, confidence, humility, and appreciation for my fellow humans.

    Yes. Cheers to that.

    Brings to mind one of my favorite Soulfly song lyrics:

    "Learn, as if you are going to live forever...live as if you are going to die tomorrow."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir K. Galt - glad you're still in the game posting from the edge, and i'm grateful you took the time to compliment me. your blog is rife with avid discussion each and every time i check it. it is great to behold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I fit into the precious few, but as to my current lifestyle -- incompatible regardless. Other than anger, well, there were many good times and very few fights. However, there was an incredible amount of anxiety and loneliness. I was too focused on you when I should have probably been doing what I'm doing now, that is, focusing on my hobby.

    ReplyDelete