Friday, May 6, 2016

Most of Us Don't Make It

The post title is something a guy in a meeting I attend says often.
If you're not in recovery, or not one of us, stop reading this post or read on. You probably won't get it.
Disclaimer done.

The statistical reality is that the absolute vast majority of alcoholics and addicts die before they would otherwise.
That is truth.
I was at the point in my drinking that virtually anything is preferable to where I was and definitely where I was going.

I don't expect someone who isn't one to understand. I was at the point where it was time to fucking go on to the bitter end or fucking kill myself. Real talk.

I look at my blog roll on my blog. So many blogs have come and gone. So much for MRA and so much for all of the blogosphere. Despite one blog title shift, my blog's been here throughout. Since the beginning, before MRA was a thing. Really, not long after PUA was a thing.
Above or beyond or whatever all that, this is hear to document the heretical, the mania, the raw truth.....to be some tiny drop of truth in an ocean of lies out there. The truths we can't speak in the light of day, the truths we can only speak in anonymity.

In all things....most people are the 97%. Most people don't even start.
Most people quit at the first setback.
Most people quit when they realize the real cost and the real grind as to how long it takes.
You can be good at maybe 2-3 things in your life. What are they gonna be?
You have time to decide.
It can be whatever you want it to be.
Get started.
Every day you waste is a day you'll wish you had started one day down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment